Along with being one of the best sources of entertainment, films also affect the lives of the viewers both in negative and positive ways. Films are a medium of learning through its robust cinematography, screenplay, placement of subject and object and myriad angles, which act as a teaching aid. Know more about how films are produced and how they are affecting us or get yourself enrolled in the program of Bachelor of film and television to live your dreams.
Films as a teaching aid
A film can provide you with the type of knowledge that probably any educational institution can’t provide. Through films, people are more likely to remember things and apply those concepts in their real life.
Here is how films are acting as a teaching aid in our society,
- Brings history to life – Films based on historical stories are more effective than boring history classes, which help students to effectively understand and recall all the events that are being taught and shown in the film. Films eliminate the imagination factor of historical events which allows the students to have a visual representation of what would have happened in history, which helps the students to remember those events much better than studying them theoretically.
- Best for autistic students – As autistic students need special attention, providing them education with theoretical learning could be a non-emotional activity, which does not allow them to participate in educative processes, as they don’t find it interesting enough. Providing learning through films helps them to engage in studies as they respond more to visual cues than theoretical lectures. Films help autistic students to understand a lot more information from the facial expressions of characters in them which keeps the interested.
- Entertainment learning – Pursuing an education while watching films is much more entertaining and interesting than learning from books. Remembering visuals is much easier than learning theoretical knowledge. Since watching movies has now become one of the major forms of entertainment, learning from films makes studies more exciting and interesting to the students, rather than those monotonous methods of studying from books and notes.
- Understand society – Films allow the viewers to think from different perspectives, as per the different characters in them. People get to understand different emotions and perspectives and learn that there is more than one approach to tackle and solve a given situation successfully.
- Helps students to express themselves – Films help the students to understand the topics easily through the story and characters of the movie. From the way how different characters interact with each other, students often learn to express themselves properly among others which helps them to gain self-confidence.
Film making processes
A usual 2-3 hours of the film may seem short, but it takes a lot of effort to make any movie and present it to the public. It has a long process of production that makes movies successfully presentable to you.
Following are the steps of how films are being made,
1. Development – The first stage of filmmaking is all about planning and conceptualizing a script, which could be based on a book, another movie, a true story, or an original concept. Once the approval is done, directors and writers work together on a step-by-step outline of the concept of the film.
2. Pre-production – This stage consists of planning the cast, and film crew and deciding the budget for the film, which is handled by the production manager.
3. Production – During this stage, the practical work of film production begins, which is based on the budget. This is done under the guidance of the film director, who ensures that everything goes as planned.
4. Photography – It is the most expensive stage of filmmaking, as it includes the salaries owed to the actor, director, and set crew, and also the certain shots, props, and special effects in the movie. It is where the camera rolls, which is of great importance to the director.
5. Wrap – It’s about wrapping up the film-making process, where shooting ends and cameras are turned off. During this stage, the set is cleared of the cast and crew, and all equipment is returned in an order to suppliers.
6. Post-production – In this stage, a rough cut of the film gets drafted, and the director reviews and edits the footage as per the requirements from visual effects, music, and sound design.
7. Distribution – The last stage of filmmaking is about distributing the produced movie amongst the cinemas and other platforms such as Amazon Prime, Netflix, HBO, etc. through a lucrative deal for distribution by producers.
Know more about filmmaking at Bennett University
Bennett university offers the program of BA film and television in collaboration with the Times Group, which is a recognized media group, globally. Bachelor of arts in film and video production offers you the curriculum designed under the supervision of Junglee Pictures, the film production and distribution company of the Times Group.
The curriculum for the bachelor of film and television is also developed by other companies related to film publicity, social media marketing, and PR and its subsequent updations are:
- Times Internet Limited: Digital Marketing and Social Media Marketing Curriculum
- Mediawire: MX Player and Zoom TV in pointer form.
BA film and television at Bennett has the best syllabus, which is organized under two heads: Minor Projects and Media Skills.
- Silent Shot Film Media Skills I: Lighting and PCR
- Show Running Media Skills II: Acting and Performance I
- Short Documentary / Music Video Media Skills III: Acting and Performance II
- Three-episode Web Series or create an Anchor-driven Lifestyle show
- Create a Marketing campaign. The specialization is not available to non-Honours students
If you are from the background of bachelor of film and television, then this is one of the best fields for you to get a job. Films have become an important and normal part of our lives now. Films are a highly preferred and widely used source of entertainment globally. With its visions and concepts, films can be considered one of the most effective ways to educate people and can even improve the education systems. One can make a great career in this field after completing the program of bachelor of arts in film and video production.